1. Holiness is the complete glory of God. God's love, purity, righteousness and all things that you can think of, make up God's holiness.
2. Jesus was God in the flesh. He was the Holy One of God. His holiness in human flesh. He was pure, righteous, love, power, compassion, truth, and everything of God.
3. Holiness is something I receive by faith in proximity to God. Let me explain. God does not give me a gift of holiness. He gives me Himself. The Holy One, has come to us and invited us into a union so Divine it is hard to comprehend.
4. God's work in this is complete. He has made a way to abide with me and me to abide with Him.
5. There is a difference between the truth of holiness and the abiding presence. When God's holiness rest on you or me, this is His glory (Holiness made manifest).
6. I must make it my daily pursuit of His presence. It will not happen by accident. It is like a dove, I must walk properly in order for the dove to stay (In a manifested state). To think I can walk contrary to the Kingdom and the King's way, and still maintain presence is not only wrong, but dangerous.
7. The Holy Spirit lives in the Most Holy Place of my being, my spirit. He wants to manifest Himself in the Holy Place, my soul. He would like to see Holiness extend all the way to the outer court, my flesh. This is a lifetime walk and pursuit.
8. He has cleansed and sanctified the Most Holy Place. He is sanctifying the Holy Place along with me as I say yes to His Word and Truth. This is an ongoing process. I must stay in the truth and believe the truth. If I stray from the truth, I, like Israel can bring the Holy and Unholy into the Holy Place. Read Ezekiel. I am responsible for the daily cleansing of the outer court. I am to use my instruments for righteousness not uncleanness.
9. In all of this I am not earning Holiness in any measure. I am learning how to abide with the Holy One without contradiction. You might say I am Holy by faith without works. I will say I will show you my faith by my works.
10. I must guard my eyes and ears, for these things can corrupt. I must avoid bitterness. The root of bitterness over offenses cause many to be defiled. Defilement is on the inside, not on the outside.
A few Scriptures for your study.
Ex. 19:6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”
Lev. 11:44 For I am the LORD your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
Lev. 11:45 For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
2 Tim. 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2 Cor. 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
1 Pet. 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1 Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1 Pet. 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1 Pet. 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.2Pet. 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
I hope this encourages you to conitnue to walk in and apprehend with all the saints, what is meant by walking in the Spirit.
Gal. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
He is the Spirit of Holiness.
Rom. 1:4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.